Plans to extend Dunmow’s Arts Centre with a £225,000 investment announced
- Credit: Archant
Ambitious plans to plough £225,000 into transforming Great Dunmow’s arts centre have been revealed.
The investment would see three additional studios, including one with sprung floors and a pitch ceiling, a canteen, changing rooms, showers and office space, added to the currently facility on Haslers Lane.
It will be a “full-scale operation” to renovate the area and work is expected to be completed by September next year.
But before the transformation can begin, directors of the business, mother and daughter duo Jacky and Mikki Rom, need to raise £25,000 along with securing a £200,000 grant.
Jacky said: “We are really excited about the project. We are also slightly scared – we are feeling a bit of everything really. This will be a full-scale operation. We will be stripping back to the bare bones and starting again from scratch.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “To make this happen we are going to have to fundraise £25,000 and this is where we need the help. If there are any angels out there who would like to fundraise for us we would be so grateful. Or if any organisations are looking for their cause for 2015, we are asking can we be this year’s cause please?”
The extra space would enable more community groups to take advantage of the facilities. At the moment the space is used by a number of groups including exercise classes and martial art groups – but they are running out of space.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
Mikki told the Broadcast: “We are fulfilling a community need. This is what people are asking for and we want to provide it. There is no other space like this in the area.”
Fundraising events, including quiz nights and clairvoyant evenings, will be taking place to boost funds for the project. To find out more about the events, or to book tickets, visit artscentretickets.com
To contribute to the fundraising events call Jacky on 01371 878020.