Plan for outdoor ‘get fit’ circuit at Dunmow’s recreation ground
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow’s recreation ground is set to become home to an ‘exercise trail’ in a bid to “get residents away from modern technology”.
Six spread-out circuits, including equipment for chin-ups and climbing bars, will be put up around the edge of the green for everybody to use.
The Trim Trail is expected to cost around £9,000 and will be part funded with money raised by Mayor Jonathan Cadwallader during his year in office and Great Dunmow Town Council.
Councillor Cadwallader is hoping people from the age of 12 up to 99 will be make use of the facility and get in shape.
He told the Broadcast: “It is a really exciting project and it is not just a pipe dream. It is fully supported by the town council and they will help to fund it.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The idea is to encourage people to be less static and get them outside and away from their modern technology.
“It is exercise for everybody. I am hoping running clubs, joggers and young people make use of it. Even children under 12 can use it for play equipment.”
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
The idea first came to light after the mayor visited schools and youth clubs to find out what younger people wanted in their town.
Cllr Cadwallader envisions the Trim Trail becoming a long-term project, with more circuits being added as and when funding becomes available.