Plan for outdoor ‘get fit’ circuit at Dunmow’s recreation ground
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow’s recreation ground is set to become home to an ‘exercise trail’ in a bid to “get residents away from modern technology”.
Six spread-out circuits, including equipment for chin-ups and climbing bars, will be put up around the edge of the green for everybody to use.
The Trim Trail is expected to cost around £9,000 and will be part funded with money raised by Mayor Jonathan Cadwallader during his year in office and Great Dunmow Town Council.
Councillor Cadwallader is hoping people from the age of 12 up to 99 will be make use of the facility and get in shape.
He told the Broadcast: “It is a really exciting project and it is not just a pipe dream. It is fully supported by the town council and they will help to fund it.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The idea is to encourage people to be less static and get them outside and away from their modern technology.
“It is exercise for everybody. I am hoping running clubs, joggers and young people make use of it. Even children under 12 can use it for play equipment.”
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
The idea first came to light after the mayor visited schools and youth clubs to find out what younger people wanted in their town.
Cllr Cadwallader envisions the Trim Trail becoming a long-term project, with more circuits being added as and when funding becomes available.