Pirate fun with Dan and Jeff
EVERYONE S favourite pirate stories potted into one hour of family comedy sails in to the Cramphorn Theatre, Chelmsford later this month. CBBC presenters Dan Clarkson and Jeff Turner return with Potted Pirates, the acclaimed sequel to their hit show Potte
EVERYONE'S favourite pirate stories potted into one hour of family comedy sails in to the Cramphorn Theatre, Chelmsford later this month.
CBBC presenters Dan Clarkson and Jeff Turner return with Potted Pirates, the acclaimed sequel to their hit show Potted Potter.
In search of talking parrots and mysterious buried treasure, they're swapping wizards for walking the plank and trading Hogwarts for the high seas.
On the way they'll be telling tall tales of the seven seas, from Long John Silver to Blackbeard, plus notorious cross-dressing lady pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read.
You may also want to watch:
There's also a full-scale re-enactment of the Spanish Armada - with a little help from the audience. Will Dan persuade Jeff to let him play Jack Sparrow? And how will Jeff keep things ship-shape with that scallywag aboard? Shanties aside, Potted Pirates promises to hit all the notes you'd expect from this superbly shambolic double act.
Recommended for shipmates aged six to Davey Jones (who is very old indeed), even those who don't know their shipping forecast from their sea shanty.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
The show - part of a 29-stop national Spring Tour - stops in Chelmsford on Saturday February 21 at 3pm and 7pm, and Sunday February 22 at 12pm and 3pm.
Tickets cost �10.50 for adults, �8.50 concessions. A family ticket is �32. Registered unemployed and full-time students (further/higher education) tickets are �5.
For tickets and information call the theatre on 01245 606505 or visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk