Pirate fun with Dan and Jeff
EVERYONE S favourite pirate stories potted into one hour of family comedy sails in to the Cramphorn Theatre, Chelmsford later this month. CBBC presenters Dan Clarkson and Jeff Turner return with Potted Pirates, the acclaimed sequel to their hit show Potte
EVERYONE'S favourite pirate stories potted into one hour of family comedy sails in to the Cramphorn Theatre, Chelmsford later this month.
CBBC presenters Dan Clarkson and Jeff Turner return with Potted Pirates, the acclaimed sequel to their hit show Potted Potter.
In search of talking parrots and mysterious buried treasure, they're swapping wizards for walking the plank and trading Hogwarts for the high seas.
On the way they'll be telling tall tales of the seven seas, from Long John Silver to Blackbeard, plus notorious cross-dressing lady pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read.
You may also want to watch:
There's also a full-scale re-enactment of the Spanish Armada - with a little help from the audience. Will Dan persuade Jeff to let him play Jack Sparrow? And how will Jeff keep things ship-shape with that scallywag aboard? Shanties aside, Potted Pirates promises to hit all the notes you'd expect from this superbly shambolic double act.
Recommended for shipmates aged six to Davey Jones (who is very old indeed), even those who don't know their shipping forecast from their sea shanty.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
The show - part of a 29-stop national Spring Tour - stops in Chelmsford on Saturday February 21 at 3pm and 7pm, and Sunday February 22 at 12pm and 3pm.
Tickets cost �10.50 for adults, �8.50 concessions. A family ticket is �32. Registered unemployed and full-time students (further/higher education) tickets are �5.
For tickets and information call the theatre on 01245 606505 or visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk