Pilots saddle up for show
ONE of the world s best aerobatic display teams is appearing just a few miles up the M11 at Duxford next month. As part of the aerial spectacle, the Flying Legends Air Show, P-51 Mustang display team The Horseman will be soaring above the Duxford airstrip
ONE of the world's best aerobatic display teams is appearing just a few miles up the M11 at Duxford next month.
As part of the aerial spectacle, the Flying Legends Air Show, P-51 Mustang display team The Horseman will be soaring above the Duxford airstrip in their only UK appearance in 2009.
The Horsemen are widely known as the world's only P-51 Mustang aerobatic team, comprising three highly-skilled war bird pilots who have a passion for showcasing the aircraft that made America great.
But they will not be the only aircraft to wow the crowds at the air show. Organised by The Fighter Collection in partnership with the Imperial War Museum Duxford, the event - held on Saturday July 11 and Sunday July 12 - is widely regarded as one of the finest war bird air shows around.
You may also want to watch:
Expect to see an unrivalled line up of classic propeller-driven combat aircraft from both the First and Second World Wars, many of which are now rare and unique.
Gates open at 8am and includes access to the museum. Flying will then commence at approximately 2pm. The museum closes at 6m.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
Ticket prices are: adults �29.95, senior (60 years or over) �24.95, children �9.95 (children aged four years or under go free), student/unemployed/disabled �9.95 (carer goes free).
Buy your tickets early and save 10 per cent on the price - simply click the Book Online button on the website at www.iwm.org.uk/duxford or call 01223 499 353.