Pictures: Strictly Come Dancing comes to Great Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of glitz, glamour and sequins at an Uttlesford school when pupils put on their very own Strictly Come Dancing show.
Year 6 students from Great Dunmow Primary wowed the packed audience when they took to the dance floor on Thursday night.
The youngsters, who were dressed to impress, had been preparing for the event for weeks and had choreographed the whole routine themselves.
They first got into the swing of things after learning the waltz in a PE lesson and caught the dancing bug from there. They were set to perform their routine in an assembly but due to the high standard of their performance, it as decided they would put on an after school show for parents.
On the night there was no need for Tess Daly or Claudia Winkleman to drop by as two pupils took on the hosting role. They kept the audience entertained between performances and interviewed the dancers. Two judges were also on hand to offer feedback.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Kevin Watts said: “It was absolutely amazing. It was really fantastic to see children that have low self-esteem or little confidence were willing to stand up in front of more than 100 people and do this routine they have choreographed themselves.
“The standard was brilliant, especially as they had no expert teaching. It was such a positive evening and everyone was supporting each other. There was a real sense of togetherness which is what this school is all about.”
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park