Pictures: Dunmow Scout Group’s weekend of fun!
OVER 100 members of Dunmow Scout Group attended a camp of action-packed activities such as firing wet tea bags!
Months of careful planning paid dividends as beavers, cubs, scouts, 20 leaders, helpers and family members enjoyed a weekend of fun at Skreen’s Park in Roxwell.
The group cooked meals and organised activities including abseiling, climbing, canoeing, archery, backwoods cooking, pond dipping and building a ballista (to fire the wet tea bags).
The weekend also saw the launch of two new Canadian canoes which have been part-funded by Dunmow Round Table. The group also held its AGM at which Martin Callingham formally took over the role as scout leader following the retirement of Rodney Martin who had held the post for 30 years.
The youth sections and leaders renewed the Scout Promise while a quick round of camp Olympics rounded off the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow Scout group is looking for more adults to help provide adventure and fun for beavers, cubs and scouts.
If you would like to know more about the group and how you could be involved contact Mr Callingham at email@example.com
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced