Pictures: Dunmow Scout Group’s weekend of fun!
OVER 100 members of Dunmow Scout Group attended a camp of action-packed activities such as firing wet tea bags!
Months of careful planning paid dividends as beavers, cubs, scouts, 20 leaders, helpers and family members enjoyed a weekend of fun at Skreen’s Park in Roxwell.
The group cooked meals and organised activities including abseiling, climbing, canoeing, archery, backwoods cooking, pond dipping and building a ballista (to fire the wet tea bags).
The weekend also saw the launch of two new Canadian canoes which have been part-funded by Dunmow Round Table. The group also held its AGM at which Martin Callingham formally took over the role as scout leader following the retirement of Rodney Martin who had held the post for 30 years.
The youth sections and leaders renewed the Scout Promise while a quick round of camp Olympics rounded off the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow Scout group is looking for more adults to help provide adventure and fun for beavers, cubs and scouts.
If you would like to know more about the group and how you could be involved contact Mr Callingham at email@example.com
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 5 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex