Picture gallery: New traditional European food and craft fair to visit Great Dunmow this Saturday (April 26)
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow will come to life with the tastes, smells and products of the continent – and beyond – when a traditional European food and craft fair arrives in town, on Saturday (April 26).
The event will take place in Market Place, on Saturday (April 26).
Market organiser Olivier Simonin said: “We have new professional continental market traders from France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland, Poland and many more countries. They will be wearing traditional costumes, selling high quality products including Brittany biscuits, olives, Italian nougat, delectable cheeses, sausages, tartiflette (a delicious cheese and potatoes dish from the Alps), charcuterie, fresh bread, and croissants.
“This year, we have some new exciting stalls: German salami, Finnish crafts, Peruvian handicrafts, Italian macaroons and Paris handbags.
As well as all of these tasty goods, customers will also be able to choose from a wide range of products including handbags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children’s toys and pashminas.
You may also want to watch:
Most of the products on sale will come from each stallholder’s region, where they are produced by small organisations such as family businesses, farms or small factories using traditional methods.
“All of the traders will also wear their traditional local costumes from 100 years ago, as well as decorating their stall to represent the region of the country they come from,” added Mr Simonin.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
“The market will therefore provide you with a true flavour of the continent.”
For more information visit traditionalmarket.co.uk or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/traditionalmarket.