Picture gallery: Dunmow’s inuagural Summer Ball is hailed a great success
- Credit: Archant
The event was organised by Dunmow resident and cancer survivor Kay Puddick to raise money for the British Heart Foundation and the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
“It was a fantastic evening,” said Kay. “To put it in simple terms, it was one of the best nights I’ve ever done and well worth the effort.”
More than 70 revellers donned their best dresses, dinner jackets or suits and feasted on a four-course dinner before bidding for auction prizes and buying raffle tickets.
They then danced the evening away to music from Archive GB, who played a selection of songs from the 60s and 70s.
Couples also posed for photographs by Dunmow photographer Mike Perry, of David Lipson Photography, who donated a percentage of the sales to the good causes.
You may also want to watch:
The evening proved to be such a success that people have already approached Kay with offers to join the organising committee for next year’s event, which will take place on June 21, 2014. Some have even asked is she can organise a similar ball for Christmas.
Kay is now asking people to nominate charities or good causes that can be considered to benefit from next year’s bash.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
“Every nominated cause will be considered. It can be a charity, school project, care home, football club, anything,” she said. “Everyone put forward will be looked at and chosen by a committee. So please get them coming in.”
You can contact Kay by going to her Facebook page - Kay Penalver Puddick – e-mailing email@example.com or calling 07970 498950.
• Photos supplied courtesy of David Lipson Photography