Picture gallery: Dunmow’s inuagural Summer Ball is hailed a great success
- Credit: Archant
The event was organised by Dunmow resident and cancer survivor Kay Puddick to raise money for the British Heart Foundation and the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
“It was a fantastic evening,” said Kay. “To put it in simple terms, it was one of the best nights I’ve ever done and well worth the effort.”
More than 70 revellers donned their best dresses, dinner jackets or suits and feasted on a four-course dinner before bidding for auction prizes and buying raffle tickets.
They then danced the evening away to music from Archive GB, who played a selection of songs from the 60s and 70s.
Couples also posed for photographs by Dunmow photographer Mike Perry, of David Lipson Photography, who donated a percentage of the sales to the good causes.
You may also want to watch:
The evening proved to be such a success that people have already approached Kay with offers to join the organising committee for next year’s event, which will take place on June 21, 2014. Some have even asked is she can organise a similar ball for Christmas.
Kay is now asking people to nominate charities or good causes that can be considered to benefit from next year’s bash.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
“Every nominated cause will be considered. It can be a charity, school project, care home, football club, anything,” she said. “Everyone put forward will be looked at and chosen by a committee. So please get them coming in.”
You can contact Kay by going to her Facebook page - Kay Penalver Puddick – e-mailing email@example.com or calling 07970 498950.
• Photos supplied courtesy of David Lipson Photography