Picture gallery: All the fun of the fayre
GREAT Dunmow Primary School had great success at its annual Summer Fayre on Saturday after “thinking outside the box”.
Parents and grandparents brought in their vintage motors for a classic car display which went down very well.
Other notable attractions included Animal Magic, which allowed the children to handle all sorts of creatures including a snake, and a triathlon organised by teacher Bridget O’Reilly. Participants took part in the bronze, silver or gold awards, and were cheered on by parents as they took part in running, cycling and swimming.
In the arena there were karate and gymnastics displays, country dancing and tag rugby.
A raffle raised �2,000 while there were countless stalls including books, cakes, plants, jewellery, coconut shy and a tombola. Year four pupil Edwards held his own Eddie’s Teddies stall to raise cash for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Sylvia Ruck said: “It was a fabulous day, the weather was wonderful and we were busy right through from 1pm to 4.30pm.
“Thanks has to go to the friends committee. They worked incredibly hard to put on the event. It was a tremendous effort by all invovled.”
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history