Picture gallery: All the fun of the fayre
GREAT Dunmow Primary School had great success at its annual Summer Fayre on Saturday after “thinking outside the box”.
Parents and grandparents brought in their vintage motors for a classic car display which went down very well.
Other notable attractions included Animal Magic, which allowed the children to handle all sorts of creatures including a snake, and a triathlon organised by teacher Bridget O’Reilly. Participants took part in the bronze, silver or gold awards, and were cheered on by parents as they took part in running, cycling and swimming.
In the arena there were karate and gymnastics displays, country dancing and tag rugby.
A raffle raised �2,000 while there were countless stalls including books, cakes, plants, jewellery, coconut shy and a tombola. Year four pupil Edwards held his own Eddie’s Teddies stall to raise cash for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Sylvia Ruck said: “It was a fabulous day, the weather was wonderful and we were busy right through from 1pm to 4.30pm.
“Thanks has to go to the friends committee. They worked incredibly hard to put on the event. It was a tremendous effort by all invovled.”
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash