Photo Andy scoops second prize
PHOTOGRAPHER Andy Griffin has been awarded second prize at the prestigious British Professional Photographic Awards 2007 held in Newcastle. The annual awards showcase the work of some of the UK s most innovative and successful photographers in various cat
PHOTOGRAPHER Andy Griffin has been awarded second prize at the prestigious British Professional Photographic Awards 2007 held in Newcastle.
The annual awards showcase the work of some of the UK's most innovative and successful photographers in various categories ranging from portraits to weddings.
Mr Griffin, of Brook View, Thaxted, achieved success in the Wedding Photographer of the Year and also was named as a finalist in the Portrait Photographer of the Year.
After receiving the award Mr Griffin said: "I am well chuffed with this award, it is a really big achievement."
You may also want to watch:
Andy has entered the competition for the last two years and after his success this year he will be entering again.
"To come second in the whole of the UK is great as it will add real kudos for my business, next year though I really want to go one better," he said.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
"Business has been great on the wedding front but we are branching out into portraits as well now and it would be great to be the best in UK for both."
"We always try to do something different with photos and this time it really worked out for us".