Photo Andy scoops second prize
PHOTOGRAPHER Andy Griffin has been awarded second prize at the prestigious British Professional Photographic Awards 2007 held in Newcastle. The annual awards showcase the work of some of the UK s most innovative and successful photographers in various cat
PHOTOGRAPHER Andy Griffin has been awarded second prize at the prestigious British Professional Photographic Awards 2007 held in Newcastle.
The annual awards showcase the work of some of the UK's most innovative and successful photographers in various categories ranging from portraits to weddings.
Mr Griffin, of Brook View, Thaxted, achieved success in the Wedding Photographer of the Year and also was named as a finalist in the Portrait Photographer of the Year.
After receiving the award Mr Griffin said: "I am well chuffed with this award, it is a really big achievement."
You may also want to watch:
Andy has entered the competition for the last two years and after his success this year he will be entering again.
"To come second in the whole of the UK is great as it will add real kudos for my business, next year though I really want to go one better," he said.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 10 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
"Business has been great on the wedding front but we are branching out into portraits as well now and it would be great to be the best in UK for both."
"We always try to do something different with photos and this time it really worked out for us".