Pets join in online yoga sessions put out for staff at a Stansted School
- Credit: Archant
Pets join in online yoga sessions
Partners, children and pets joined in a virtual yoga session offered to staff at Forest Hall School in Stansted.
Sarah Power, the school’s enrichment lead, is offering the online wellbeing sessions after qualifying as a yoga instructor.
She said: “I always intended running staff yoga sessions at school. Now, with the school closed to the majority and colleagues working at home, I decided to run the sessions online.”
The first 50-minute class saw seven members of staff and their families go through breathing exercises, yoga poses and Tibetan Buddhist singing bowls.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Power, who rejoined the school in March after a year travelling, said: “Everybody got to have a bit of a chat at the start. We all agreed it was lovely to be able to see each other again. I have not seen some of my colleagues since last summer. It was so nice to see them again.
“We were able to do something together, despite being in different places.”
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 4 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 9 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month