Pets join in online yoga sessions put out for staff at a Stansted School
- Credit: Archant
Pets join in online yoga sessions
Partners, children and pets joined in a virtual yoga session offered to staff at Forest Hall School in Stansted.
Sarah Power, the school’s enrichment lead, is offering the online wellbeing sessions after qualifying as a yoga instructor.
She said: “I always intended running staff yoga sessions at school. Now, with the school closed to the majority and colleagues working at home, I decided to run the sessions online.”
The first 50-minute class saw seven members of staff and their families go through breathing exercises, yoga poses and Tibetan Buddhist singing bowls.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Power, who rejoined the school in March after a year travelling, said: “Everybody got to have a bit of a chat at the start. We all agreed it was lovely to be able to see each other again. I have not seen some of my colleagues since last summer. It was so nice to see them again.
“We were able to do something together, despite being in different places.”
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack