Peter exhibits the sky at the Flitch Gallery
AN exhibition of art work by an artist from Stebbing is currently being displayed at the Flitch Gallery in High Street, Dunmow. Peter Hall, from Garden Fields, works mainly in watercolour but has started to paint with acrylics. I love painting sea, sky a
AN exhibition of art work by an artist from Stebbing is currently being displayed at the Flitch Gallery in High Street, Dunmow.
Peter Hall, from Garden Fields, works mainly in watercolour but has started to paint with acrylics.
"I love painting sea, sky and boats, but I'm making a conscious effort to get away from them at the moment," he said. "The only problem is that it's proving difficult because that's what I'm drawn to."
A quick look around at the work he has on show not only proves his like for this subject matter, but also that he is very good at it and is passionate about all of the places he has painted.
You may also want to watch:
His face lights up as he describes the story behind each individual painting. One depicts his favourite beach in Scotland to fish from, another, a fantastic sea storm lit by sunshine when he was visiting Ireland.
Mr Hall is also the manager of the gallery. He is currently looking for volunteers to sit for art students after a couple of his regular volunteer sitters moved away from the area.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
"We are looking for honest, reliable people to come and sit in the gallery for a day when we have exhibitions on. They can be any age, and it's great for someone who has an interest in art," he said.
To volunteer or to find out more information about the Flitch Gallery, phone Peter Hall on 01371 856682 and leave a message on his answer machine.