Peter exhibits the sky at the Flitch Gallery
AN exhibition of art work by an artist from Stebbing is currently being displayed at the Flitch Gallery in High Street, Dunmow. Peter Hall, from Garden Fields, works mainly in watercolour but has started to paint with acrylics. I love painting sea, sky a
AN exhibition of art work by an artist from Stebbing is currently being displayed at the Flitch Gallery in High Street, Dunmow.
Peter Hall, from Garden Fields, works mainly in watercolour but has started to paint with acrylics.
"I love painting sea, sky and boats, but I'm making a conscious effort to get away from them at the moment," he said. "The only problem is that it's proving difficult because that's what I'm drawn to."
A quick look around at the work he has on show not only proves his like for this subject matter, but also that he is very good at it and is passionate about all of the places he has painted.
His face lights up as he describes the story behind each individual painting. One depicts his favourite beach in Scotland to fish from, another, a fantastic sea storm lit by sunshine when he was visiting Ireland.
Mr Hall is also the manager of the gallery. He is currently looking for volunteers to sit for art students after a couple of his regular volunteer sitters moved away from the area.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
"We are looking for honest, reliable people to come and sit in the gallery for a day when we have exhibitions on. They can be any age, and it's great for someone who has an interest in art," he said.
To volunteer or to find out more information about the Flitch Gallery, phone Peter Hall on 01371 856682 and leave a message on his answer machine.