Peter exhibits the sky at the Flitch Gallery
AN exhibition of art work by an artist from Stebbing is currently being displayed at the Flitch Gallery in High Street, Dunmow. Peter Hall, from Garden Fields, works mainly in watercolour but has started to paint with acrylics. I love painting sea, sky a
AN exhibition of art work by an artist from Stebbing is currently being displayed at the Flitch Gallery in High Street, Dunmow.
Peter Hall, from Garden Fields, works mainly in watercolour but has started to paint with acrylics.
"I love painting sea, sky and boats, but I'm making a conscious effort to get away from them at the moment," he said. "The only problem is that it's proving difficult because that's what I'm drawn to."
A quick look around at the work he has on show not only proves his like for this subject matter, but also that he is very good at it and is passionate about all of the places he has painted.
You may also want to watch:
His face lights up as he describes the story behind each individual painting. One depicts his favourite beach in Scotland to fish from, another, a fantastic sea storm lit by sunshine when he was visiting Ireland.
Mr Hall is also the manager of the gallery. He is currently looking for volunteers to sit for art students after a couple of his regular volunteer sitters moved away from the area.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
"We are looking for honest, reliable people to come and sit in the gallery for a day when we have exhibitions on. They can be any age, and it's great for someone who has an interest in art," he said.
To volunteer or to find out more information about the Flitch Gallery, phone Peter Hall on 01371 856682 and leave a message on his answer machine.