Performance company to bring open air production to High Easter
A PERFORMANCE company is bringing its open air production of As You Like It to High Easter on Saturday (July 4). The Southend Shakespeare Company (SSC) encourages everyone to dust off those camping chairs, shake out the travel rug, pack a picnic, and f
A PERFORMANCE company is bringing its open air production of 'As You Like It' to High Easter on Saturday (July 4).
The Southend Shakespeare Company (SSC) encourages everyone to "dust off those camping chairs, shake out the travel rug, pack a picnic, and find the bottle opener" in order to enjoy one of Shakespeare's less well known comedies.
The idyllic romance, set in the Forest of Arden, features the bewitching Rosalind, who is exiled to the forest and eventually marries the man she loves, Orlando. The play, which is full of false identities and obsessive lovers, ends with four marriages.
It also features one of Shakespeare's famous speeches, 'Seven Ages of Man', which reflects on man's progression through life.
You may also want to watch:
The play is being held on the Village Hall Field at 7.30pm. There is no need to book; tickets can be bought on the day. Tickets are priced at �10 per adult, �5 per concession and �25 for a family ticket.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council