Performance company to bring open air production to High Easter
A PERFORMANCE company is bringing its open air production of As You Like It to High Easter on Saturday (July 4). The Southend Shakespeare Company (SSC) encourages everyone to dust off those camping chairs, shake out the travel rug, pack a picnic, and f
A PERFORMANCE company is bringing its open air production of 'As You Like It' to High Easter on Saturday (July 4).
The Southend Shakespeare Company (SSC) encourages everyone to "dust off those camping chairs, shake out the travel rug, pack a picnic, and find the bottle opener" in order to enjoy one of Shakespeare's less well known comedies.
The idyllic romance, set in the Forest of Arden, features the bewitching Rosalind, who is exiled to the forest and eventually marries the man she loves, Orlando. The play, which is full of false identities and obsessive lovers, ends with four marriages.
It also features one of Shakespeare's famous speeches, 'Seven Ages of Man', which reflects on man's progression through life.
You may also want to watch:
The play is being held on the Village Hall Field at 7.30pm. There is no need to book; tickets can be bought on the day. Tickets are priced at �10 per adult, �5 per concession and �25 for a family ticket.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge