Pensioner fighting for life after collision
AN ELDERLY Finchingfield woman was left fighting for her life after being in collision with a Citroen Xsara in Saffron Walden last Thursday. The 71-year-old was walking to London Road Dental Surgery when the incident occurred near to the mini-roundabout w
AN ELDERLY Finchingfield woman was left fighting for her life after being in collision with a Citroen Xsara in Saffron Walden last Thursday.
The 71-year-old was walking to London Road Dental Surgery when the incident occurred near to the mini-roundabout where London Road meets Debden Road, at about 11am.
A member of staff from the dental surgery, who did not wish to be named, said: "We didn't see anything, but heard a lorry bibbing as it went past, at about 11am. A patient who left the dentist said she could see a lady lying in the road."
The member of staff called an ambulance before going to wait with the 71-year-old.
"She was conscious," she said, "she had a small cut to her face from her glasses.
"Crews gave her pain relief then took her to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge."
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 6 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 7 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
Service manager Lee Styles said: "She suffered multiple injuries, including fractures to her hip, pelvis, ribs and collarbone and suspected internal injuries.
"She remained fully conscious, but at hospital her condition turned to critical."
The Citroen driver was unhurt. Anyone information should call PC Martin Ackers on 01376 330722.