Pensioner fighting for life after collision
AN ELDERLY Finchingfield woman was left fighting for her life after being in collision with a Citroen Xsara in Saffron Walden last Thursday. The 71-year-old was walking to London Road Dental Surgery when the incident occurred near to the mini-roundabout w
AN ELDERLY Finchingfield woman was left fighting for her life after being in collision with a Citroen Xsara in Saffron Walden last Thursday.
The 71-year-old was walking to London Road Dental Surgery when the incident occurred near to the mini-roundabout where London Road meets Debden Road, at about 11am.
A member of staff from the dental surgery, who did not wish to be named, said: "We didn't see anything, but heard a lorry bibbing as it went past, at about 11am. A patient who left the dentist said she could see a lady lying in the road."
The member of staff called an ambulance before going to wait with the 71-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
"She was conscious," she said, "she had a small cut to her face from her glasses.
"Crews gave her pain relief then took her to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge."
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
Service manager Lee Styles said: "She suffered multiple injuries, including fractures to her hip, pelvis, ribs and collarbone and suspected internal injuries.
"She remained fully conscious, but at hospital her condition turned to critical."
The Citroen driver was unhurt. Anyone information should call PC Martin Ackers on 01376 330722.