Parish clerk collects prestigious award
A SPECIAL town award has been presented to Great Dunmow s parish clerk. Mayor Clive Smith chaired a specially-arranged council meeting to formally present Owen Wilson with the highest town honour Dunmow has to offer. After 17 years as the town clerk, Mr W
A SPECIAL town award has been presented to Great Dunmow's parish clerk.
Mayor Clive Smith chaired a specially-arranged council meeting to formally present Owen Wilson with the highest town honour Dunmow has to offer.
After 17 years as the town clerk, Mr Wilson became only the fourth person in history to receive the prestigious certificate for services to the town.
Mr Wilson said: "I am very honoured to receive this award as it is 17 years to the day since I took up the appointment.
"During that period there has been a major expansion of the role of the town council and the services it provides. Meeting the challenges of that has made the post very varied and fulfilling. There has literally never been a dull moment.
"The award will be a treasured reminder of my service to my home town, a place that I hold very dearly in my heart."
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 4 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 7 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 8 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 9 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 10 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
Mr Smith paid a tribute to the clerk in front of a councillors and members of the public at Foakes Hall.
He said: "Owen has been a truly great aid to both the council and the town. He has overseen campaigns against proposed asylum centres and extra houses being built and has helped with major projects such as the current construction of the town square at White Street.
"It is a truly enormous honour to present him with this award and we all hope he continues with his great work.