Parents show United front as Dunmow club is set for the off
JUST four months after Dunmow United FC inherited an old pavilion and pitch in Little Easton, the final piece of a renovation jigsaw is falling into place. On Sunday, parents of young footballers who will be showing their abilities at the Laundry Lane foo
JUST four months after Dunmow United FC inherited an old pavilion and pitch in Little Easton, the final piece of a renovation jigsaw is falling into place.
On Sunday, parents of young footballers who will be showing their abilities at the Laundry Lane football ground saddled up to take part in a 40-mile bike ride.
In total �2000 was raised and will be split between the Heart FM Essex Kids Fund and the Dunmow United pavilion fund.
Dunmow United chairman, Andrew Askew, said: "The money will be used to connect running water to the pavilion and install water heating.
"The ground at Laundry lane is now ready for use. It has been a fantastic effort by all the committee and parents who have helped to get it ready for use in just four months.
"Special thanks must go to all those who have donated their time free of charge and to the generous donations of goods such as a new kitchen and three full sets of goal posts."
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
On what turned out to be a superb day for cycling, every parent made it round the course just in time for a well-earned pitch-side barbeque.
Mr Askew added: "Pre-season training begins on August 15 and league matches start on September 13. With the pavilion fully finished by then we will now be able to provide hot food and drinks on training days and match days.