Panto success at The Civic Theatre, Chelmsford
THE Civic Theatre in Chelmsford has just achieved a hat trick of record breaking pantomimes. Each year for the last three years the pantomime has exceeded the visitor numbers of the previous year, making Jack and the Beanstalk the best selling pa
THE Civic Theatre in Chelmsford has just achieved a hat trick of record breaking pantomimes.
Each year for the last three years the pantomime has exceeded the visitor numbers of the previous year, making Jack and the Beanstalk the best selling panto at the Civic Theatre ever.
Jack and the Beanstalk, which delighted and entertained audiences from December 4 to January 3, sold 98 per cent capacity of all available seats across its 51 performances, which equates to 24,507 theatre goers joining in the fun - 145 more visitors than last year's Cinderella.
Essex County Council's cabinet member for leisure and culture, Ray Ride, said: "Year on year the Civic Theatre is gaining a reputation for staging traditional, family pantomimes of the highest standard. The figures for Jack and the Beanstalk are a testament to the hard work and dedication of the staff at the theatre and the co-producers.
You may also want to watch:
"Each panto involves 18 months of meticulous planning and it is worth every second to see children and families enjoying themselves so much at their local theatre."
The Civic Theatre, which is owned, managed and funded by Chelmsford Borough Council, is already well into its planning for Aladdin (December 3 to January 2, 2011) and many schools and groups have already booked their tickets.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
To book yours early contact the box office now on 01245 606505 or go to www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres for more information.