Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- Credit: Archant
A pair who caused a horror crash in Stevenage, which injured 19 people, have been jailed.
Dominic Brown, 21 and from Park Street Lane in St Albans, and Julian Castano-Perez, 21, from Fitzwalter Place in Dunmow, Essex, appeared at St Albans Crown Court today, having pleaded guilty to all 19 charges against them in connection with the collision.
Both drivers were charged with eight offences of serious injury by dangerous driving and 11 offences of wanton/furious driving.
The incident on July 18, 2019 occured during an unauthorised car cruise event. Two cars collided at the exit junction of the Roaring Meg South car park in Monkswood Way, before ploughing into crowds of people that had gathered to watch.
Brown was sentenced to five years imprisonment and was disqualified from driving for seven and a half years.
Castano-Perez was sentenced to four years imprisonment and given a seven year and four month driving ban.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe