Organiser calls for support for Christmas Dinner and Dance
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow’s very own angel will be handing money raised by a Christmas Dinner and Dance to local causes.
Kay Puddick organised a Summer Ball earlier in the year and through popular demand has decided to put another on for the festive season.
Guests at the event – on Saturday, December 7 – will be treated to a four-course meal and then they can dance to the music provided by the DJ, .
Kay, of High Stile, also has some surprises up her sleeve to keep everyone entertained.
The mother-of-one said: “I want everybody to come down and support our community. It will be a great event for office Christmas parties, or even if there is only a couple of you, we have space for you.”
You may also want to watch:
In June Kay organised a summer ball to raise money for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity and the British Heart Foundation.
Helen Rollason is a cause very close to her heart as she was diagnosed with cancer in 2000 and since then has had both her breasts removed and gone under the knife 43 times.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 3 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 4 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 5 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 8 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 9 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
For the Christmas Dinner and Dance Kay has decided to donate the money back into the community.
She said: “All the money we make will be for the town. I fell in love with Dunmow as soon as I moved here and I want to do something to help.
“If somebody comes to me and says ‘I need some money for a new fridge’ I will do what I can. Even if we make a small donation it all matters.”
Tickets cost £40 and the ball will be held at Foakes Hall, from 7pm.
A booking form needs to be requested from Kay. Call 07970 498950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.