Opening of refurbished gym in Great Dunmow hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
The official opening of the refurbished gym at Great Dunmow Leisure Centre was hailed a “huge success” by organisers.
Members and non-members alike came through the doors of the centre on January 16 to view the gym, which has been refurbished and fitted with an updated free weights area and a new functional training area to include squat racks, benches, smith machines and more.
Councillor Geoffrey Sell, chairman of Uttlesford District Council, was joined by Councillor Vic Ranger, responsible for Active Uttlesford, for the opening and both said they were encouraged to see the enthusiasm for the new equipment and layout the gym now offers.
“Being active is an essential ingredient in keeping our bodies in good health,” said Cllr Ranger. “The newly refurbished gym at the Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is part of the continuing programme that the district council is promoting for its residents of all ages and abilities.
“No matter what your personal limitations may be there is some activity you can engage with, and I would encourage everyone to talk to the 1Life teams to explore the possibilities.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the refurbishment of the gym at Great Dunmow, in Parsonage Downs, 1Life has also invested in its gym at Lord Butler, in Saffron Walden, giving the residents of Uttlesford a reason to get active and enjoy a fit and healthy start to 2018.
To find out more about the refurbished gyms, log on to www.1life.co.uk/uttlesford-leisure/lord-butler-fitness-leisure-centre/gym-re-fit/
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing