One week to go for Essex library consultation
DUNMOW residents have just ONE WEEK to register their preferred option on the town library opening pattern.
Essex County Council needs to save �4 million over two years on its libraries services and is reviewing opening hours, staffing, reduction in stock fund and mobile services.
It is slashing opening times at all of its 73 libraries by as much as 16 per cent, from 2652 to 2232 hours per week, to achieve yearly savings of �857,000.
Dunmow is losing four hours per week: Essex has allocated 42 hours while partnership arrangements funded by Uttlesford District Council and the Tourist Information Board mean that the White Street facility has an additional eight hours per week, a total of 50 hours.
The new opening time patterns are based on two options: A, 9am-6pm on Monday and Tuesday, 9am-5pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and closed Sunday; B, 9am-5.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am-5pm Wednesday and Saturday, and closed Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Over 21,000 library members have responded to the consultation across the county so far.
Members who have not yet taken part or who wish to make additional comments are reminded that they have until March 27 to make their views known.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 3 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 4 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 5 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
The consultation can be completed online at essex.gov.uk/libraries or by filling out a form at Dunow Library.
Additional comments can be made in writing to Susan Carragher, Director of Libraries and Culture, Room 11, Library Headquarters, Goldlay Gardens, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0EW or by visiting essex.gov.uk and filling in a Complaints, Compliments and Comments form from the Get Involved section of the website.