One week to go for Essex library consultation
DUNMOW residents have just ONE WEEK to register their preferred option on the town library opening pattern.
Essex County Council needs to save �4 million over two years on its libraries services and is reviewing opening hours, staffing, reduction in stock fund and mobile services.
It is slashing opening times at all of its 73 libraries by as much as 16 per cent, from 2652 to 2232 hours per week, to achieve yearly savings of �857,000.
Dunmow is losing four hours per week: Essex has allocated 42 hours while partnership arrangements funded by Uttlesford District Council and the Tourist Information Board mean that the White Street facility has an additional eight hours per week, a total of 50 hours.
The new opening time patterns are based on two options: A, 9am-6pm on Monday and Tuesday, 9am-5pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and closed Sunday; B, 9am-5.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am-5pm Wednesday and Saturday, and closed Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Over 21,000 library members have responded to the consultation across the county so far.
Members who have not yet taken part or who wish to make additional comments are reminded that they have until March 27 to make their views known.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
The consultation can be completed online at essex.gov.uk/libraries or by filling out a form at Dunow Library.
Additional comments can be made in writing to Susan Carragher, Director of Libraries and Culture, Room 11, Library Headquarters, Goldlay Gardens, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0EW or by visiting essex.gov.uk and filling in a Complaints, Compliments and Comments form from the Get Involved section of the website.