Olive shows she's up for the cup!
A SPORTS enthusiast has exceeded her own expectations by winning a coveted national award for her commitment to UK athletics. Olive Megit, from Great Dunmow, was awarded with The Frank Starkie Memorial Cup for Services to Athletics after completing over 4
A SPORTS enthusiast has exceeded her own expectations by winning a coveted national award for her commitment to UK athletics.
Olive Megit, from Great Dunmow, was awarded with The Frank Starkie Memorial Cup for Services to Athletics after completing over 40 years of service to local and national clubs and organisations.
She said: "I was completely surprised by the award as it was a tough category. Many people give up their spare time and volunteer to help out with various sports.
"I am happy to have dedicated a large part of life to helping others achieve their sporting goals and ensuring that British Athletics continues to produce the goods at the highest level."
You may also want to watch:
The UK Athletics Awards Dinner 2008 celebrated the work of club members across the sport of athletics with a range of awards at a champagne evening at the National Motorcycle Museum in Solihull, near Birmingham.
The night also included a champagne presentation to Team GB's Paralympic heroes and Christine Ohuruogu, who was announced British Olympic Association athlete of the year after her 400m victory.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 5 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 8 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
Mrs Megit, who is also a volunteer at the Dunmow Art Gallery, said: "It was a great evening and one I will never forget. It was wonderful to be recognised so highly amongst some of the best athletes in the country."
What do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.