Oh what a night...
LATE-NIGHT shopping went down a storm on Friday as revellers filled the streets with festive spirit, giving the town a commercial boost. Hundreds descended on the High Street to enjoy the festivities with shops opening from 6pm to 8.30pm. Stalls in the st
LATE-NIGHT shopping went down a storm on Friday as revellers filled the streets with festive spirit, giving the town a commercial boost.
Hundreds descended on the High Street to enjoy the festivities with shops opening from 6pm to 8.30pm.
Stalls in the street sold everything from wooden carvings to cakes and glow sticks while musicians played and carols were sung.
Banana Travel kept their Caribbean theme again this year providing people with rum punch and the unmistakable sound of steel drums, putting a different spin on Christmas as we know it.
Popular food and drink outlets, Dish and Traffic, were rammed as punters enjoyed a Christmas drink and chat whilst outside people were treated to music in the street by lone trumpet player, Tamzin Haines from Highfields in Great Dunmow, as she played all the Christmas classics.
Charities set up stalls on the street to raise money for good causes and the Volunteer Centre gave away presents to thank volunteers for their support throughout the year.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
Bird and Fairley Opticians hosted magic tricks to wow the crowds and at the end of the night Crock & Co won the best shop front prize and staff were presented with a bottle of champagne by Mayor Carol James.
TO SEE?all of our Dunmow late- night shopping pictures check out www.dunmowbroadcast24.co.uk