Officers keen to speak to three men after Felsted fire
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a Felsted farm fire, which killed 13,000 chickens, are looking for three men who tried to buy diesel a few days before the blaze.
Firefighters were called to Braintree Road just after midnight on Thursday (June 11) after a barn was set alight, destroying all the birds and egg production equipment housed inside.
Detective sergeant Mike Pannell, of Braintree CID, said: “We are continuing our investigations and have been conducting further forensic examinations.
“We are also very keen to get more information about three men who had called at the farm on Sunday, June 7 trying to buy fuel. They were driving a white Ford Transit tipper lorry and were unhappy when their request to buy diesel was turned down.
“If any other farmers or businesses in the area were approached by these men in recent days then I would very much like to hear from them.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: If you have any information, call DS Pannell on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear