Office workers at Essex & Suffolk Water welcome Hollywood star Tom Cruise for special visit
- Credit: Archant
A disused water treatment works area at Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, was transformed into a film set for the latest Tom Cruise movie.
The Hollywood star also popped into nearby Essex & Suffolk Water’s offices during a break in shooting Edge of Tomorrow at the popular film set location.
Mr Cruise posed for a photo with some of the 250 people in the office in August last year during two weeks on location.
Staff could not talk about the visit until after the film’s release.
David Alborough, group property services manager for the water firm, said: “We discussed with the producer if it would be possible for Tom to meet our staff.
“It is very unusual for this to be allowed and we were delighted when he and Tom agreed, they even arranged the visit so as many people as possible could be available, which was very generous of them considering their tight schedule.”
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?