Office workers at Essex & Suffolk Water welcome Hollywood star Tom Cruise for special visit
- Credit: Archant
A disused water treatment works area at Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, was transformed into a film set for the latest Tom Cruise movie.
The Hollywood star also popped into nearby Essex & Suffolk Water’s offices during a break in shooting Edge of Tomorrow at the popular film set location.
Mr Cruise posed for a photo with some of the 250 people in the office in August last year during two weeks on location.
Staff could not talk about the visit until after the film’s release.
David Alborough, group property services manager for the water firm, said: “We discussed with the producer if it would be possible for Tom to meet our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very unusual for this to be allowed and we were delighted when he and Tom agreed, they even arranged the visit so as many people as possible could be available, which was very generous of them considering their tight schedule.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows