Office workers at Essex & Suffolk Water welcome Hollywood star Tom Cruise for special visit
- Credit: Archant
A disused water treatment works area at Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, was transformed into a film set for the latest Tom Cruise movie.
The Hollywood star also popped into nearby Essex & Suffolk Water’s offices during a break in shooting Edge of Tomorrow at the popular film set location.
Mr Cruise posed for a photo with some of the 250 people in the office in August last year during two weeks on location.
Staff could not talk about the visit until after the film’s release.
David Alborough, group property services manager for the water firm, said: “We discussed with the producer if it would be possible for Tom to meet our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very unusual for this to be allowed and we were delighted when he and Tom agreed, they even arranged the visit so as many people as possible could be available, which was very generous of them considering their tight schedule.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase