Office workers at Essex & Suffolk Water welcome Hollywood star Tom Cruise for special visit
- Credit: Archant
A disused water treatment works area at Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, was transformed into a film set for the latest Tom Cruise movie.
The Hollywood star also popped into nearby Essex & Suffolk Water’s offices during a break in shooting Edge of Tomorrow at the popular film set location.
Mr Cruise posed for a photo with some of the 250 people in the office in August last year during two weeks on location.
Staff could not talk about the visit until after the film’s release.
David Alborough, group property services manager for the water firm, said: “We discussed with the producer if it would be possible for Tom to meet our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very unusual for this to be allowed and we were delighted when he and Tom agreed, they even arranged the visit so as many people as possible could be available, which was very generous of them considering their tight schedule.”
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge