Notley dance troupe close to finishing nine-month rehearsals ahead of Disneyland Paris performance
- Credit: Archant
A Great Notley dance troupe has been busy rehearsing for a special performance at Disneyland Paris this month.
The group is part of Rascals Theatre School, based in Braintree, and won the chance to perform at the top holiday destination, with 26 pupils heading there next week.
The troupe – aged between six and 16 - will perform a showcase of dances to five songs, including Pink Floyd’s Another Brick Wall, Baggy Trousers by Madness, and, rather aptly, Hey Mickey by Toni Basil.
To be accepted, the group had to submit two performances to The Disney Performing Arts Programme, who then judged the entries.
Diane Neave, director, said the troupe had been rehearsing for nine months, and that the youngsters are excited to be visiting the resort.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We’ve been rehearsing and the group has put in so much hard work. We know they will be brilliant as they are very well rehearsed, and we are sure they will all love the experience.
“We are so proud of them all.”
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced