Nominate a project for The National Lottery Awards 2011
PEOPLE in Dunmow are being called on to nominate their favourite Lottery-funded project for recognition in The National Lottery Awards 2011.
Organisations in the Broadcast area has had some success with the awards in the past: Stebbing Cricket Club and The Juice Project at Market Place in Great Dunmow have both picked up Lottery funding.
In the last year over �12.5 million of Lottery funding has been invested in good causes in Essex and now The National Lottery is encouraging these projects, and any organisation that has received Lottery funding over the past 16 years, to enter the awards and gain national recognition for their work.
The entrants that make it to the finals of The National Lottery Awards will receive national recognition at a star-studded event broadcast on BBC One later this year. They will also have a chance to win a �2000 cash prize.
The awards has seven categories: Sport, Heritage, Arts, Environment, Health, Education, and Voluntary/Charity.
You may also want to watch:
If you want to see a project from Dunmow celebrated in this year’s event visit lotterygoodcauses.org.uk to find out more or call 0207 960 6828.
The awards are now open for entries and any projects wishing to enter can do so by visiting the website. Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday February 18.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 5 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader