New Year Honours for Dunmow man
A DUNMOW man has been awarded an MBE in the 2010 New Years Honours List. David Westcott was included in the prestigious list for services to the community of Essex for his involvement in a wide range of community-based activities. On hearing of the awar
A DUNMOW man has been awarded an MBE in the 2010 New Years Honours List.
David Westcott was included in the prestigious list for 'services to the community of Essex' for his involvement in a wide range of community-based activities.
On hearing of the award, Mr Westcott said: "I am fortunate to have had the opportunities to become involved in a diverse number of activities within the community.
"Whilst this honour is bestowed upon me, it reflects on all of the organisations that I have been associated with over the years. I am sure that there are many people who have contributed much more on an individual basis, but I have always been fortunate to be involved as a team member and like to think that this award reflects on them all.
"Amongst the ones that gave me a deal of personal commitment and interest were the restorations of the Dunmow Maltings and its conversion for community use, of which I was a foundation member and chairman for 11 years, some 25 years involvement with The Helena Romanes School both with the Parent's Association and then as a school governor, 15 years as a magistrate, five years as a churchwarden at Barnston and more recently with the council for voluntary services in Uttlesford and the Dunmow Day Centre.
"It is their award rather than mine and I am grateful to all of them for the opportunities they have given me to help in some capacity."
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
He added: "I would also express deep thanks to my wife and family for all the support and encouragement they have given to me over the many years, without which this award would never have been possible.