New Year Honours for Dunmow man
A DUNMOW man has been awarded an MBE in the 2010 New Years Honours List. David Westcott was included in the prestigious list for services to the community of Essex for his involvement in a wide range of community-based activities. On hearing of the awar
A DUNMOW man has been awarded an MBE in the 2010 New Years Honours List.
David Westcott was included in the prestigious list for 'services to the community of Essex' for his involvement in a wide range of community-based activities.
On hearing of the award, Mr Westcott said: "I am fortunate to have had the opportunities to become involved in a diverse number of activities within the community.
"Whilst this honour is bestowed upon me, it reflects on all of the organisations that I have been associated with over the years. I am sure that there are many people who have contributed much more on an individual basis, but I have always been fortunate to be involved as a team member and like to think that this award reflects on them all.
You may also want to watch:
"Amongst the ones that gave me a deal of personal commitment and interest were the restorations of the Dunmow Maltings and its conversion for community use, of which I was a foundation member and chairman for 11 years, some 25 years involvement with The Helena Romanes School both with the Parent's Association and then as a school governor, 15 years as a magistrate, five years as a churchwarden at Barnston and more recently with the council for voluntary services in Uttlesford and the Dunmow Day Centre.
"It is their award rather than mine and I am grateful to all of them for the opportunities they have given me to help in some capacity."
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
He added: "I would also express deep thanks to my wife and family for all the support and encouragement they have given to me over the many years, without which this award would never have been possible.