New village facilities near Dunmow to be officially unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Long awaited village facilities near Dunmow, which have been 15 years in the making, will be officially opened at the weekend.
The residents of Flitch Green are being invited to celebrate the new playing facilities on Saturday, May 13, with a fun run also taking place.
The new facilities now consist of adult and junior football pitches, a cricket square and pavilion, a multi-use games area, a children’s playground, a community hall and associated parking.
The fun run, a fundraiser for Flitch Green Academy, will take place on the new playing field which, along with all other facilities, is now owned and managed by the Flitch Green Community Trust.
A mini-run, 1k and 5k race will take place from 10am and participants can walk, jog or run, with the course both pet and pushchair friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by the Flitch Green Co-op and Premier Crew Hospitality.
Anyone wishing to take part can click here to register online or request a paper form from email@example.com.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear