New village facilities near Dunmow to be officially unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Long awaited village facilities near Dunmow, which have been 15 years in the making, will be officially opened at the weekend.
The residents of Flitch Green are being invited to celebrate the new playing facilities on Saturday, May 13, with a fun run also taking place.
The new facilities now consist of adult and junior football pitches, a cricket square and pavilion, a multi-use games area, a children’s playground, a community hall and associated parking.
The fun run, a fundraiser for Flitch Green Academy, will take place on the new playing field which, along with all other facilities, is now owned and managed by the Flitch Green Community Trust.
A mini-run, 1k and 5k race will take place from 10am and participants can walk, jog or run, with the course both pet and pushchair friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by the Flitch Green Co-op and Premier Crew Hospitality.
Anyone wishing to take part can click here to register online or request a paper form from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history