New village facilities near Dunmow to be officially unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Long awaited village facilities near Dunmow, which have been 15 years in the making, will be officially opened at the weekend.
The residents of Flitch Green are being invited to celebrate the new playing facilities on Saturday, May 13, with a fun run also taking place.
The new facilities now consist of adult and junior football pitches, a cricket square and pavilion, a multi-use games area, a children’s playground, a community hall and associated parking.
The fun run, a fundraiser for Flitch Green Academy, will take place on the new playing field which, along with all other facilities, is now owned and managed by the Flitch Green Community Trust.
A mini-run, 1k and 5k race will take place from 10am and participants can walk, jog or run, with the course both pet and pushchair friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by the Flitch Green Co-op and Premier Crew Hospitality.
Anyone wishing to take part can click here to register online or request a paper form from email@example.com.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision