New vicar settles in
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own. Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year. Rev Crawford
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own.
Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year.
Rev Crawford said: "I am excited about working with everyone in the five parishes and taking on the new role. I really can not wait to start."
The five parishes is a united group of villages to the north of Dunmow, consisting of Broxted, Chickney, Tilty, Great Easton and Little Easton. Rev Crawford will take up her role at an official service held at Little Easton Church on May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Five parishes treasurer Angela Harbottle welcomed the new vicar to the community. She said: "Ivy is a lovely, warm, people person. We are all very pleased that this period without a dedicated vicar is now coming to an end. We wish her all the best in her new role."
Born in Northern Ireland, Rev Crawford moved to England in 1975 to work for the leprosy mission. She then went on to train for ministry and has had spells in Stondon Massey and Ongar, serving the latter for three years.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
Her interests include theatre, cinema, foreign travel and meeting with friends.
What do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CM10 1EE.