New vicar settles in
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own. Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year. Rev Crawford
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own.
Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year.
Rev Crawford said: "I am excited about working with everyone in the five parishes and taking on the new role. I really can not wait to start."
The five parishes is a united group of villages to the north of Dunmow, consisting of Broxted, Chickney, Tilty, Great Easton and Little Easton. Rev Crawford will take up her role at an official service held at Little Easton Church on May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Five parishes treasurer Angela Harbottle welcomed the new vicar to the community. She said: "Ivy is a lovely, warm, people person. We are all very pleased that this period without a dedicated vicar is now coming to an end. We wish her all the best in her new role."
Born in Northern Ireland, Rev Crawford moved to England in 1975 to work for the leprosy mission. She then went on to train for ministry and has had spells in Stondon Massey and Ongar, serving the latter for three years.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
Her interests include theatre, cinema, foreign travel and meeting with friends.
What do you think? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CM10 1EE.