New vicar settles in
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own. Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year. Rev Crawford
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own.
Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year.
Rev Crawford said: "I am excited about working with everyone in the five parishes and taking on the new role. I really can not wait to start."
The five parishes is a united group of villages to the north of Dunmow, consisting of Broxted, Chickney, Tilty, Great Easton and Little Easton. Rev Crawford will take up her role at an official service held at Little Easton Church on May 14.
Five parishes treasurer Angela Harbottle welcomed the new vicar to the community. She said: "Ivy is a lovely, warm, people person. We are all very pleased that this period without a dedicated vicar is now coming to an end. We wish her all the best in her new role."
Born in Northern Ireland, Rev Crawford moved to England in 1975 to work for the leprosy mission. She then went on to train for ministry and has had spells in Stondon Massey and Ongar, serving the latter for three years.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
Her interests include theatre, cinema, foreign travel and meeting with friends.
What do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CM10 1EE.