New vicar settles in
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own. Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year. Rev Crawford
AFTER eight months of waiting, churchgoers in the five parishes finally have a new vicar to call their own.
Ivy Crawford will be stepping into the shoes once filled by congregation favourite Gillian Greenslade, who retired in June last year.
Rev Crawford said: "I am excited about working with everyone in the five parishes and taking on the new role. I really can not wait to start."
The five parishes is a united group of villages to the north of Dunmow, consisting of Broxted, Chickney, Tilty, Great Easton and Little Easton. Rev Crawford will take up her role at an official service held at Little Easton Church on May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Five parishes treasurer Angela Harbottle welcomed the new vicar to the community. She said: "Ivy is a lovely, warm, people person. We are all very pleased that this period without a dedicated vicar is now coming to an end. We wish her all the best in her new role."
Born in Northern Ireland, Rev Crawford moved to England in 1975 to work for the leprosy mission. She then went on to train for ministry and has had spells in Stondon Massey and Ongar, serving the latter for three years.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 5 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 6 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
Her interests include theatre, cinema, foreign travel and meeting with friends.
What do you think? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CM10 1EE.