New retirement village coming to Bocking
- Credit: The Abbeyfield Braintree, Bocking and Felsted Society
Despite the coronavirus pandemic, work to build a new retirement village in Bocking has been pressing on, socially distanced.
Work to build Polly’s Field Village in Church Lane started in October and the team hopes to welcome the first residents in early 2022 when the site will be completed.
Developed by The Abbeyfield Braintree, Bocking and Felsted Society, a registered charity and social landlord, they are creating 39 one bedroom apartments and 60 two bedroom apartments for sale, shared equity or rent to the over 55s.
The new development offers independent living but supported accommodation if residents need help within their own apartment, with an on-site team available to provide emergency care and support, 24 hours a day.
The retirement village facilities are to include a range of services such as a gym, village hall, activities room, a hairdressing and beauty salon, and bistro/restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Fitzgerald from Abbeyfield said: “Community is at the heart of what we do and we are feeling positive seeing the construction continue of Polly’s Field Village as the pandemic has highlighted the issues around loneliness and isolation.
“The concept will encourage people to maintain their independence and health whilst having the opportunity to try new things and make new friends all on their doorstep.”
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
Register interest via www.pollysfieldvillage.com