New recycling centre opens In Braintree
HOUSEHOLDERS have a new recycling centre in Braintree to take their recyclable rubbish as of today (July 30).
HOUSEHOLDERS have a new recycling centre in Braintree to take their recyclable rubbish.
The centre - which opened today (July 30) - provides a larger and easier to use facility for residents in the Braintree area to recycle their waste, and will be open seven days a week. It replaces the existing recycling centre at Shalford which has now closed.
The new recycling centre will accept over 30 types of material from old stereos to vegetable oil, with staff on hand to help and advise users.
The facility is located on a popular industrial estate and will be easy to access at all times. There will be ground level access to all bins making it as easy as possible to deposit recyclables.
You may also want to watch:
The site is much larger than Shalford, with clearer signage and an easy to use layout, to improve the experience for users.
County councillor Terri Sargent, deputy cabinet member for environment and waste, said: “Essex County Council is committed to increasing recycling rates to protect our environment and reduce the huge cost burden of sending material to land fill.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
“This new recycling centre is a fantastic resource for the local community in Braintree and surrounding areas. It is highly accessible and offers more recycling opportunities than ever before.
“I do hope that residents make good of the centre, helping us to drive up our recycling rates.”
More information can be found at essex.gov.uk/recyclingcentres including opening times and information on the materials which the new centre accepts.