New-look Hatfield Heath post office re-opened by MP
- Credit: Archant
MP Sir Alan Haselhurst was invited to cut the ribbon to celebrate the re-opening of an Uttlesford post office following its refurbishment.
The new-look post office in Hatfield Heath was officially opened on Tuesday – and has had its opening hours extended to Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
An open plan till at the retail counter means Post Office products and services will be available alongside retail transactions during shop opening hours, instead of from a separate screened counter.
There is also a tearoom and old fashioned sweetshop. A delicatessen section is being added to the store this week.
Sir Alan said: “I am delighted to be here today to congratulate postmaster Jackie Wright on her vital community role and to see the changes made.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackie Wright, who has been postmaster for two years, said: “The open-plan post office counter makes it easier to provide a more personal service as it is easier to have conversations. The longer Post Office opening hours will make it more convenient to visit as customers will have more choice when to visit.”
The new opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm; Saturday 9am-4pm; and Sunday: 10am–4pm.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down