New-look Hatfield Heath post office re-opened by MP
- Credit: Archant
MP Sir Alan Haselhurst was invited to cut the ribbon to celebrate the re-opening of an Uttlesford post office following its refurbishment.
The new-look post office in Hatfield Heath was officially opened on Tuesday – and has had its opening hours extended to Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
An open plan till at the retail counter means Post Office products and services will be available alongside retail transactions during shop opening hours, instead of from a separate screened counter.
There is also a tearoom and old fashioned sweetshop. A delicatessen section is being added to the store this week.
Sir Alan said: “I am delighted to be here today to congratulate postmaster Jackie Wright on her vital community role and to see the changes made.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackie Wright, who has been postmaster for two years, said: “The open-plan post office counter makes it easier to provide a more personal service as it is easier to have conversations. The longer Post Office opening hours will make it more convenient to visit as customers will have more choice when to visit.”
The new opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm; Saturday 9am-4pm; and Sunday: 10am–4pm.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 9 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 10 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community