New library opening timetable announced for Dunmow
OPENING time patterns for Dunmow’s library has been announced.
The new timetables will come into effect on July 4 and follows a countywide consultation prompted by the need to save over �4 million over the next two years.
Dunmow Library has lost four hours as part of the cost-cutting exercise.
Essex County Council’s libraries service received more than 27,000 responses and in most cases, the service says, customers had a ‘clear preference for a particular pattern of opening times and the most popular option implemented’.
Customers will be able to pick up a bookmark with details of the new opening times at their local library.
You may also want to watch:
A number of changes to the routes of some mobile libraries will also come into effect from July 4. Timetables are available from mobile libraries or by calling 0845 603 7628
Cabinet member for environment and culture Cllr Jeremy Lucas said: “I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to the consultation. I am pleased to be able to say that we have been able to honour the will of the respondents. We are still keen to work with other public sector organisations or community groups who may have suggestions for funding or in kind support which may enable us to keep libraries open for longer. We continue to welcome any suggestions of this type.”
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Essex County Council is also reviewing staffing and reduction in stock fund to help slash its libraries budget.
DUNMOW LIBRARY’S NEW OPENING HOURS
Monday, Tuesday: 9am-6pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 9am-5pm