New hospital chief for Mid-Essex hospital trust
THE MID-ESSEX hospital s trust, which looks after services at Broomfield Hospital, has a new boss at the helm – chief executive Graham Ramsay. Previously Mr Ramsay has been medical director and deputy chief executive at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Tr
THE MID-ESSEX hospital's trust, which looks after services at Broomfield Hospital, has a new boss at the helm - chief executive Graham Ramsay.
Previously Mr Ramsay has been medical director and deputy chief executive at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust since May 2006.
This was followed by a stint in Holland where he was executive director at a group of three hospitals in the south of the country.
He holds a number of qualifications, including a bachelor's degree in surgery and is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons.
He was delighted to land the top position. "I am looking forward immensely to taking on this role," he said. "It is important that we gain foundation trust status in the near future.
"In particular, I will build on the positive work and good reputation the trust has enjoyed under previous executive Ruth May and I look forward to working closely with all staff over the coming months.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
In confirming the appointment, interim trust chairman Mike Adams said: "I am very pleased Graham has agreed to accept the role as our new chief executive. His leadership in the NHS, both at corporate and clinical level will be invaluable to the trust.