New hospital chief for Mid-Essex hospital trust
THE MID-ESSEX hospital s trust, which looks after services at Broomfield Hospital, has a new boss at the helm – chief executive Graham Ramsay. Previously Mr Ramsay has been medical director and deputy chief executive at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Tr
THE MID-ESSEX hospital's trust, which looks after services at Broomfield Hospital, has a new boss at the helm - chief executive Graham Ramsay.
Previously Mr Ramsay has been medical director and deputy chief executive at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust since May 2006.
This was followed by a stint in Holland where he was executive director at a group of three hospitals in the south of the country.
He holds a number of qualifications, including a bachelor's degree in surgery and is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons.
You may also want to watch:
He was delighted to land the top position. "I am looking forward immensely to taking on this role," he said. "It is important that we gain foundation trust status in the near future.
"In particular, I will build on the positive work and good reputation the trust has enjoyed under previous executive Ruth May and I look forward to working closely with all staff over the coming months.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 5 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 8 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
In confirming the appointment, interim trust chairman Mike Adams said: "I am very pleased Graham has agreed to accept the role as our new chief executive. His leadership in the NHS, both at corporate and clinical level will be invaluable to the trust.