Ramblers re-discover Uttlesford with refreshed guidebook
- Credit: Supplied by Peter Cooper
A rambler has updated his 10-year-old countryside guide, Discover Uttlesford.
Peter Cooper will launch the new edition - which features 16 circular walks throughout Uttlesford - with a five mile walk in Clavering on Sunday, June 6.
He said: "People wanted to get walking during the pandemic, so the original book has been off the shelves."
"The countryside has changed a lot in the last 10 years."
To produce the new edition, Peter had to retrace many of the steps he made 10 years ago to find out how Essex's countryside has changed.
You may also want to watch:
The walks in the book are between four and 12 miles in length and are all along the 130 mile long Uttlesford Way - a trail encircling Saffron Walden.
The book has already been released to some bookshops, while the celebratory walk is set to take place on Sunday, June 6, starting from Clavering's cricket pitch at 2pm.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show