Ramblers re-discover Uttlesford with refreshed guidebook
- Credit: Supplied by Peter Cooper
A rambler has updated his 10-year-old countryside guide, Discover Uttlesford.
Peter Cooper will launch the new edition - which features 16 circular walks throughout Uttlesford - with a five mile walk in Clavering on Sunday, June 6.
He said: "People wanted to get walking during the pandemic, so the original book has been off the shelves."
"The countryside has changed a lot in the last 10 years."
To produce the new edition, Peter had to retrace many of the steps he made 10 years ago to find out how Essex's countryside has changed.
You may also want to watch:
The walks in the book are between four and 12 miles in length and are all along the 130 mile long Uttlesford Way - a trail encircling Saffron Walden.
The book has already been released to some bookshops, while the celebratory walk is set to take place on Sunday, June 6, starting from Clavering's cricket pitch at 2pm.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe