Extra cycle spaces for train passengers
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia stations have added 1,176 cycle spaces in the region over the past year.
The £2.7 million scheme was funded by Essex and Cambridgeshire county councils, and Fenland District Council.
Whittlesford Parkway, near Duxford, saw an increase of 200 cycle spots, the greatest increase in the scheme.
Greater Anglia has also added 60 spaces for Audley End commuters.
There are 32 extra spaces at Braintree, and four more at Elsenham.
You may also want to watch:
Simone Bailey, Greater Anglia's Asset Management Director, said: “We’re keen to expand our cycling facilities, especially as it helps people to minimise their carbon footprint for the entire length of their journeys and can help people lead healthier lifestyles.
"Since the start of the pandemic, the number of people cycling in our region has soared, and the new facilities will help them to make more sustainable journeys and leave the car at home more.”
- 1 District councillor resigns from R4U
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Japan-inspired album launched from a fantasy home in Dunmow
- 4 Exhibition encourages visitors to touch the sculptures
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
- 9 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome