Extra cycle spaces for train passengers
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia stations have added 1,176 cycle spaces in the region over the past year.
The £2.7 million scheme was funded by Essex and Cambridgeshire county councils, and Fenland District Council.
Whittlesford Parkway, near Duxford, saw an increase of 200 cycle spots, the greatest increase in the scheme.
Greater Anglia has also added 60 spaces for Audley End commuters.
There are 32 extra spaces at Braintree, and four more at Elsenham.
You may also want to watch:
Simone Bailey, Greater Anglia's Asset Management Director, said: “We’re keen to expand our cycling facilities, especially as it helps people to minimise their carbon footprint for the entire length of their journeys and can help people lead healthier lifestyles.
"Since the start of the pandemic, the number of people cycling in our region has soared, and the new facilities will help them to make more sustainable journeys and leave the car at home more.”
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed