National Childbirth Trust branch happy with patient's donations
A CHARITY that looks after the welfare of children received a boost this week following kind donations from patients and staff at the New Street surgery in Great Dunmow. Two weekends of selling books, homemade cakes, and raffle tickets for a horde of dona
A CHARITY that looks after the welfare of children received a boost this week following kind donations from patients and staff at the New Street surgery in Great Dunmow.
Two weekends of selling books, homemade cakes, and raffle tickets for a horde of donated prizes has culminated in the princely sum of �300 - which will be donated to the Dunmow and district branch of the National Childbirth Trust (NCT).
Behind the scheme to encourage patients visiting the John Tasker house waiting room at the surgery to donate money was Dunmow Town councillor Frank Silver.
He said: "It is such a worthwhile charity and we wanted to raise as much cash as we could. We completely sold out of raffle tickets, which was a great effort. All of it was very enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all the people who came in to the surgery and took the time to help us and give so generously. The funds will directly go those people who really need it."
The NCT is the UK's leading charity for parents. It started out in 1956 and since then has tried to improve the experience of becoming a parent in this country through campaigning, lobbying, providing maternity services and funding research.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone