Mystery surrounds decorated Dunmow Christmas tree
- Credit: Archant
Mystery and confusion surrounds Great Dunmow this week as the enigma of the decorated tree is left unsolved.
The Christmas tree in Dunmow has been Yarn Bombed - an anonymous person knits, crochets, or stitches decorations to put in a plain public place to make it prettier.
Earlier this week (December 5-6) someone threw knitted baubles all over the tree - prompting the Town Council to ask who they can thank.
At a meeting on Thursday (December 8) it was discussed what would happen to the new ornaments.
Danielle Frost, mayor of Dunmow, said: “The general consensus was that we are going to leave it, but we might arrange for them to be moved around the tree a bit.”
You may also want to watch:
As the baubles were thrown on in the middle of the night, they are not neatly placed, and so the council may straighten everything up.
She said: “It’s come from a place of peace and love and Christmas spirit so we are fine with all that.”
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
Normally the tree, which is donated to the Town Council by the Boars Head, is decked with simple lights to switch on at night.
The council discussed the possibility of starting a competition to decide who gets to decorate the tree next year.