Musical extravangza in Dunmow is hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
A concert which celebrated musical groups in Great Dunmow has been hailed a success.
The Great Dunmow Town Band, Big Voices, Rock Choir, Woodwind of Dunmow and musicians from the French town Dourdan, which is twnned with Dunmow, were amongst the musicians who entertained visitors during the outdoor extavanganza on June 29.
During the interval the Dunmow Majorettes also impressed with their moves.
Andy King, musical director of the town band and event organiser said: "It was great to have these talented music groups perform together for the first time. From all the brilliant comments from the audience we will be doing this event next summer."
The concert, which was in aid of The Samaritans and held Talberd Leys, finished with 130 musicians performing three pieces together.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Dunmow Town Band will be performing at First World War museum, Stow Maries Aerodrome in Maldon on Saturday. Tickets available at: https://www.stowmaries.org.uk/event-bookings/event/stow-proms/,
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 8 Campaign aims to cut Essex roads deaths and series injuries to zero
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'