Musical extravangza in Dunmow is hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
A concert which celebrated musical groups in Great Dunmow has been hailed a success.
The Great Dunmow Town Band, Big Voices, Rock Choir, Woodwind of Dunmow and musicians from the French town Dourdan, which is twnned with Dunmow, were amongst the musicians who entertained visitors during the outdoor extavanganza on June 29.
During the interval the Dunmow Majorettes also impressed with their moves.
Andy King, musical director of the town band and event organiser said: "It was great to have these talented music groups perform together for the first time. From all the brilliant comments from the audience we will be doing this event next summer."
The concert, which was in aid of The Samaritans and held Talberd Leys, finished with 130 musicians performing three pieces together.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Dunmow Town Band will be performing at First World War museum, Stow Maries Aerodrome in Maldon on Saturday. Tickets available at: https://www.stowmaries.org.uk/event-bookings/event/stow-proms/,
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert