Musical and poetic history
A CONCERT to celebrate New York s abundant musical and poetic history is taking place at The High Barn. Keith James and Rick Foot will be performing the unique and evocative music from their landmark album, Poet in New York, at the Great Bardfield venue o
A CONCERT to celebrate New York's abundant musical and poetic history is taking place at The High Barn.
Keith James and Rick Foot will be performing the unique and evocative music from their landmark album, Poet in New York, at the Great Bardfield venue on Thursday March 19 at 8pm.
The landmark album was released in January by the musicians, who are the most active and positive artists on today's UK arts theatre scene. The pair have achieved and sustained notoriety as interpretative performers of the music of both Nick Drake and Lorca.
During 2007 they embarked on another challenging endeavour, The Poetry of Federico Garcia Lorca. Both the album and the tour won them great attention and respect, filling hundreds of venues across the country.
But the pair exist in an unoccupied corner of music that cannot be wholly described. They write very personally within a sombre, timeless and often very seductive musical frame - a bare but perfect soundscape for this dramatic and reverberating prose.
Poet in New York, as a contemporary project, was first offered to Elvis Costello by Laura Garcia Lorca. When nothing surfaced by way of recordings or concerts, Keith and Rick were then offered the opportunity.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
The evening begins with a bio-documentary about Leonard Cohen, and also features material from Leonard Cohen, Pablo Neruda, and Suzanne Vega.
The 50-date tour runs at various venues across the UK until May 21.
Tickets, at �12, can be purchase from the High Barn box office on 01371 811291. For more information, visit www.high-barn.com or the Poet in New York website at www.poetinnewyork.com