Musical and poetic history
A CONCERT to celebrate New York s abundant musical and poetic history is taking place at The High Barn. Keith James and Rick Foot will be performing the unique and evocative music from their landmark album, Poet in New York, at the Great Bardfield venue o
A CONCERT to celebrate New York's abundant musical and poetic history is taking place at The High Barn.
Keith James and Rick Foot will be performing the unique and evocative music from their landmark album, Poet in New York, at the Great Bardfield venue on Thursday March 19 at 8pm.
The landmark album was released in January by the musicians, who are the most active and positive artists on today's UK arts theatre scene. The pair have achieved and sustained notoriety as interpretative performers of the music of both Nick Drake and Lorca.
During 2007 they embarked on another challenging endeavour, The Poetry of Federico Garcia Lorca. Both the album and the tour won them great attention and respect, filling hundreds of venues across the country.
But the pair exist in an unoccupied corner of music that cannot be wholly described. They write very personally within a sombre, timeless and often very seductive musical frame - a bare but perfect soundscape for this dramatic and reverberating prose.
Poet in New York, as a contemporary project, was first offered to Elvis Costello by Laura Garcia Lorca. When nothing surfaced by way of recordings or concerts, Keith and Rick were then offered the opportunity.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 6 Things to do in Essex this June
- 7 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 8 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 9 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
The evening begins with a bio-documentary about Leonard Cohen, and also features material from Leonard Cohen, Pablo Neruda, and Suzanne Vega.
The 50-date tour runs at various venues across the UK until May 21.
Tickets, at �12, can be purchase from the High Barn box office on 01371 811291. For more information, visit www.high-barn.com or the Poet in New York website at www.poetinnewyork.com