Murder inquiry launched after woman and child found dead in Braintree
POLICE have today launched a murder inquiry after the bodies of a woman and child were found at an Essex home.
They were found at an address in Bartram Avenue, Braintree, around 3am today.
A man is currently in hospital under police guard and officers have confirmed they are not searching for anyone else in relation to the incident.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said: “Police are dealing with a firearms incident in Braintree.
“Officers were called to Bartram Avenue, Braintree, shortly before 3am today.
You may also want to watch:
“A man is currently in hospital under police guard.
“Police are not searching for anyone with regards to this incident.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAS) said: “EEAS crews were called at 3.16am today (Monday June 6( to an address in Braintree to reports of serious injuries following a shooting incident. Sadly a woman and a child were found deceased on scene. A man was taken to hospital with injuries.”
Officers from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are at the scene and enquiries are continuing into the circumstances leading up to this incident. Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 0300 333 4444.