Murder inquiry launched after woman and child found dead in Braintree
POLICE have today launched a murder inquiry after the bodies of a woman and child were found at an Essex home.
They were found at an address in Bartram Avenue, Braintree, around 3am today.
A man is currently in hospital under police guard and officers have confirmed they are not searching for anyone else in relation to the incident.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said: “Police are dealing with a firearms incident in Braintree.
“Officers were called to Bartram Avenue, Braintree, shortly before 3am today.
“A man is currently in hospital under police guard.
“Police are not searching for anyone with regards to this incident.”
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 3 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 4 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAS) said: “EEAS crews were called at 3.16am today (Monday June 6( to an address in Braintree to reports of serious injuries following a shooting incident. Sadly a woman and a child were found deceased on scene. A man was taken to hospital with injuries.”
Officers from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are at the scene and enquiries are continuing into the circumstances leading up to this incident. Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 0300 333 4444.