Mum to host birthday coffee morning in Dunmow to help fund cancer clinical trials
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow woman has joined the battle against breast cancer and will be hosting a coffee morning to raise vital funds.
Hayley Sweet, of Flitch Green, has invited her friends over to enjoy a hot drink and a slice of cake, on Monday, on her 38th birthday.
The money raised will be going towards the breast cancer clinical trials unit at St Margaret’s Hospital in Epping, and Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow.
The mother-of-two said: “I have asked my friends over for a birthday cup of tea or coffee and cake to help me celebrate and help this special charity at the same time.
“My sons Finley and Riley are helping to make cookies and pink cupcakes to sell on the day. Sadly, they will be at school but they love making and eating cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Last October Hayley took part in the Royal Parks half marathon and managed to raise £1,000 for the charity.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear