Mum to host birthday coffee morning in Dunmow to help fund cancer clinical trials
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow woman has joined the battle against breast cancer and will be hosting a coffee morning to raise vital funds.
Hayley Sweet, of Flitch Green, has invited her friends over to enjoy a hot drink and a slice of cake, on Monday, on her 38th birthday.
The money raised will be going towards the breast cancer clinical trials unit at St Margaret’s Hospital in Epping, and Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow.
The mother-of-two said: “I have asked my friends over for a birthday cup of tea or coffee and cake to help me celebrate and help this special charity at the same time.
“My sons Finley and Riley are helping to make cookies and pink cupcakes to sell on the day. Sadly, they will be at school but they love making and eating cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Last October Hayley took part in the Royal Parks half marathon and managed to raise £1,000 for the charity.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history