Mum to host birthday coffee morning in Dunmow to help fund cancer clinical trials
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow woman has joined the battle against breast cancer and will be hosting a coffee morning to raise vital funds.
Hayley Sweet, of Flitch Green, has invited her friends over to enjoy a hot drink and a slice of cake, on Monday, on her 38th birthday.
The money raised will be going towards the breast cancer clinical trials unit at St Margaret’s Hospital in Epping, and Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow.
The mother-of-two said: “I have asked my friends over for a birthday cup of tea or coffee and cake to help me celebrate and help this special charity at the same time.
“My sons Finley and Riley are helping to make cookies and pink cupcakes to sell on the day. Sadly, they will be at school but they love making and eating cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Last October Hayley took part in the Royal Parks half marathon and managed to raise £1,000 for the charity.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe