Mum and daughter tread the boards
A MOTHER and daughter from Rayne are to appear together in the Braintree Musical Society s production of the Mikado next week. For Shirley and Abigail Tyrell, it is not the first time they have appeared together in a show but it does see them swapping the
A MOTHER and daughter from Rayne are to appear together in the Braintree Musical Society's production of the Mikado next week.
For Shirley and Abigail Tyrell, it is not the first time they have appeared together in a show but it does see them swapping their usual roles in the productions.
Abigail, 14, who was crowned Dunmow Carnival Queen, is no stranger to the stage and has starred in several of the Society's shows including as Gretl in the Sound of Music, and was also in Annie Get Your Gun.
However, she says she is thrilled to be a part of the chorus for the first time because you can't be part of it until you turn 14.
Mum Shirley Tyrell said: "It's good fun being in the shows together and Abigail helps me to learn my lines. She's really very good at it.
"Usually I am in the chorus and Abigail gets one of the main roles. But this time, Abigail is in the chorus and I'm playing one of the three little maids," said Mrs Tyrell.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
The show at the Braintree Institute, Bocking End, Braintree, runs from Monday until Saturday with shows starting at 7.30pm.
- Tickets cost from £5 and are available from Proper Gander, Little Square, Braintree, or by calling 07835122663.