Mum and daughter hope for miracle’ find this Christmas
FREEZING cold conditions in Great Dunmow have caused major problems across town but it is not just the roads that have been affected. Karen Harvey, a busy mum-of-four, has contacted her favourite local paper the Dunmow Broadcastin a desperate bid t
FREEZING cold conditions in Great Dunmow have caused major problems across town but it is not just the roads that have been affected.
Karen Harvey, a busy mum-of-four, has contacted her favourite local paper the Dunmow Broadcastin a desperate bid to locate her daughters missing winter coat.
It coat was left at The Musketeers restaurant in the High Street over a month ago and after the restaurant staff kept it for five days it was handed to Oxfam across the road.
However, the coat has now been sold on by the charity shop staff and could be anywhere, leaving Mrs Harvey's four-year-old daughter to brace the cold.
Mrs Harvey said: "The miracle I am hoping for is that someone will have purchased a lilac LL Bean jacket, toddler size 4T, from Oxfam, between Monday November 23 and Thursday 26, and would be prepared to sell it back to me.
"The coat is part of a two-piece set and, having come from the US, is not easy to replace.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 3 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 4 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
"I was really hoping for a little help in this matter as we have had snow and I had to take my four-year-old to school without her snow coat."
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the missing coat can contact Karen on 01279 873486.