Mum and daughter hope for miracle’ find this Christmas
FREEZING cold conditions in Great Dunmow have caused major problems across town but it is not just the roads that have been affected. Karen Harvey, a busy mum-of-four, has contacted her favourite local paper the Dunmow Broadcastin a desperate bid t
FREEZING cold conditions in Great Dunmow have caused major problems across town but it is not just the roads that have been affected.
Karen Harvey, a busy mum-of-four, has contacted her favourite local paper the Dunmow Broadcastin a desperate bid to locate her daughters missing winter coat.
It coat was left at The Musketeers restaurant in the High Street over a month ago and after the restaurant staff kept it for five days it was handed to Oxfam across the road.
However, the coat has now been sold on by the charity shop staff and could be anywhere, leaving Mrs Harvey's four-year-old daughter to brace the cold.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Harvey said: "The miracle I am hoping for is that someone will have purchased a lilac LL Bean jacket, toddler size 4T, from Oxfam, between Monday November 23 and Thursday 26, and would be prepared to sell it back to me.
"The coat is part of a two-piece set and, having come from the US, is not easy to replace.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 5 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 8 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
"I was really hoping for a little help in this matter as we have had snow and I had to take my four-year-old to school without her snow coat."
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the missing coat can contact Karen on 01279 873486.