Motorists’ lives at risk as people tie rope over Dunmow road
- Credit: Archant
“Mindless” people are putting lives at risk in Dunmow, according to police.
Officers have been told that a rope has been tied across a road at a zebra crossing in The Causeway, close to The Maltings.
The rope is being put up overnight and motorists are having to take avoiding action.
Sergeant James Ireland said: “It is fortunate that to date this wreckless and mindless behaviour has not caused serious injury to someone or worse.
“Motorists using this road at night are reminded to be vigilant, especially those on a motorcycle.
You may also want to watch:
“These people are potentially putting lives at risk and this has to stop.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council