Motorists’ lives at risk as people tie rope over Dunmow road
- Credit: Archant
“Mindless” people are putting lives at risk in Dunmow, according to police.
Officers have been told that a rope has been tied across a road at a zebra crossing in The Causeway, close to The Maltings.
The rope is being put up overnight and motorists are having to take avoiding action.
Sergeant James Ireland said: “It is fortunate that to date this wreckless and mindless behaviour has not caused serious injury to someone or worse.
“Motorists using this road at night are reminded to be vigilant, especially those on a motorcycle.
You may also want to watch:
“These people are potentially putting lives at risk and this has to stop.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024