Motorists’ lives at risk as people tie rope over Dunmow road
- Credit: Archant
“Mindless” people are putting lives at risk in Dunmow, according to police.
Officers have been told that a rope has been tied across a road at a zebra crossing in The Causeway, close to The Maltings.
The rope is being put up overnight and motorists are having to take avoiding action.
Sergeant James Ireland said: “It is fortunate that to date this wreckless and mindless behaviour has not caused serious injury to someone or worse.
“Motorists using this road at night are reminded to be vigilant, especially those on a motorcycle.
You may also want to watch:
“These people are potentially putting lives at risk and this has to stop.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted