Appeal after motorists are injured in Wethersfield collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious collision in Wethersfield today (Monday).
A white Fiat and a black BMW were involved in a head-on collision, which took place on Hudson's Hill at about 7.50am.
The driver of the BMW, a man in his 40s, was taken to hospital with minor injuries, according to Essex Police.
A woman in her late teens who was driving the Fiat has minor injuries that are not believed to be serious.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We sent a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance crew, our hazardous area response team, an ambulance officer and an air ambulance from Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
"One female was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital by air ambulance and one male was taken to Broomfield Hospital by land ambulance for further treatment."
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews from Braintree to assist, with firefighters releasing one casualty.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Any witnesses, or anyone who may have dash cam or CCTV footage which could assist with our investigation, is asked to call the Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 195 of July 29.