Appeal after motorists are injured in Wethersfield collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious collision in Wethersfield today (Monday).
A white Fiat and a black BMW were involved in a head-on collision, which took place on Hudson's Hill at about 7.50am.
The driver of the BMW, a man in his 40s, was taken to hospital with minor injuries, according to Essex Police.
A woman in her late teens who was driving the Fiat has minor injuries that are not believed to be serious.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We sent a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance crew, our hazardous area response team, an ambulance officer and an air ambulance from Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
"One female was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital by air ambulance and one male was taken to Broomfield Hospital by land ambulance for further treatment."
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews from Braintree to assist, with firefighters releasing one casualty.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
Any witnesses, or anyone who may have dash cam or CCTV footage which could assist with our investigation, is asked to call the Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 195 of July 29.