Motorcylist killed on B183 UPDATE: Man identified
THE VICTIM of a road traffic collision has been formally identified.
The deceased is Andy Cooper, 47 of Grey Goose Park, Harlow. Police are investigating the fatal road traffic collision which happened near Hatfield Broad Oak on Saturday afternoon, March 12.
Officers were advised of the collision, which involved a silver Hyundai car and a black Honda motorcycle, at just after 2.15pm. The collision happened on the B183 about half a mile outside Hatfield Broad Oak.
The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike, which then burst in to flames. The car came off the road on to the verge and collided with a tree.
The motorcyclist, Mr Cooper, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the car, a 42-year-old local man, was shaken but uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact officers at the Dunmow road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced