Motorcylist killed on B183 UPDATE: Man identified
THE VICTIM of a road traffic collision has been formally identified.
The deceased is Andy Cooper, 47 of Grey Goose Park, Harlow. Police are investigating the fatal road traffic collision which happened near Hatfield Broad Oak on Saturday afternoon, March 12.
Officers were advised of the collision, which involved a silver Hyundai car and a black Honda motorcycle, at just after 2.15pm. The collision happened on the B183 about half a mile outside Hatfield Broad Oak.
The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike, which then burst in to flames. The car came off the road on to the verge and collided with a tree.
The motorcyclist, Mr Cooper, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the car, a 42-year-old local man, was shaken but uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact officers at the Dunmow road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 5 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex