Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- Credit: ECFRS/Thaxted Fire Station
A collision left a motorcyclist in his 60s with life-changing leg injuries.
The collision took place on the B1051 between Stansted and Thaxted shorty after 12.25pm on Saturday (June 5).
The rider was airlifted to hospital by the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "A man remains in hospital with life-changing injuries after a collision near Broxted.
"It was reported that a motorbike and a Toyota were involved in the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Police said that no arrests have been made. A Toyota driver is assisting with enquiries.
Police are appealing for information asking witnesses asked to call 101 and quote incident number 495 of June 5.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 9 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service thanked the public for assisting the casualty before they arrived on scene.
CrashMap shows that in 2019-20, there was one previous serious collision involving a motorcyclist on the B1051 between Stansted and Thaxted.