Motorcyclist dead and a 16-year-old girl in a ‘critical’ condition following crash in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died and a schoolgirl is in a “critical” condition following a collision in Braintree this morning (Thursday).
The crash, involving a motorbike, a pedestrian and a blue Toyota Corolla, happened on the A131 at its junction with Grove Orchard, shortly before 8am.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was declared deceased at the scene. The 16-year-old girl was air lifted to the Royal London Hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is described as critical.
The driver of the Toyota Corolla was not injured.
The road has been closed whilst investigations continue but officers hope it will be reopened soon. Motorists are thanked for their patience.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses. Officers from the Serious Collision Unit would like to speak to any witnesses, especially those who may have seen the motorcycle before the collision. It was travelling on the road from Braintree, towards Halstead.
Anyone with any information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on Essex Police 101 or they can e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge