Motorcyclist dead and a 16-year-old girl in a ‘critical’ condition following crash in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died and a schoolgirl is in a “critical” condition following a collision in Braintree this morning (Thursday).
The crash, involving a motorbike, a pedestrian and a blue Toyota Corolla, happened on the A131 at its junction with Grove Orchard, shortly before 8am.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was declared deceased at the scene. The 16-year-old girl was air lifted to the Royal London Hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is described as critical.
The driver of the Toyota Corolla was not injured.
The road has been closed whilst investigations continue but officers hope it will be reopened soon. Motorists are thanked for their patience.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses. Officers from the Serious Collision Unit would like to speak to any witnesses, especially those who may have seen the motorcycle before the collision. It was travelling on the road from Braintree, towards Halstead.
Anyone with any information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on Essex Police 101 or they can e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement