Motorcyclist dead and a 16-year-old girl in a ‘critical’ condition following crash in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died and a schoolgirl is in a “critical” condition following a collision in Braintree this morning (Thursday).
The crash, involving a motorbike, a pedestrian and a blue Toyota Corolla, happened on the A131 at its junction with Grove Orchard, shortly before 8am.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was declared deceased at the scene. The 16-year-old girl was air lifted to the Royal London Hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is described as critical.
The driver of the Toyota Corolla was not injured.
The road has been closed whilst investigations continue but officers hope it will be reopened soon. Motorists are thanked for their patience.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses. Officers from the Serious Collision Unit would like to speak to any witnesses, especially those who may have seen the motorcycle before the collision. It was travelling on the road from Braintree, towards Halstead.
Anyone with any information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on Essex Police 101 or they can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down